Environment & Social Commitment
Sustainability and environmental protection play an important role at SAXONIA Galvanik: in product manufacturing and product use.
Sustainability is part of our business. With our experience and our successes, we set ourselves ambitious goals that significantly influence our actions: in electroplating technology as well as in our responsibility for society and the people at SAXONIA Galvanik. With this mindset, we master the challenges of the future and continue to grow as a company.
Chrome-plated plastic components make an important contribution to environmental and climate protection. Today, many components in the electronics industry, in medical technology, in the automotive industry – especially on all electrical platforms of e-mobility – require a surface made of metal or even precious metal in order to provide the component with certain functional properties. In addition to the significant weight reduction compared to full metal components, galvanic surface treatment saves valuable resources above all: often the metal layers applied for finishing are only a thousandth of a millimeter thick. In addition, the life of galvanized parts is significantly increased – be it through higher value, lower tendency to wear or high corrosion protection. And at the end of their life cycle, chromium-plated components are also recyclable.
SAXONIA Galvanik: on the way to climate neutrality
SAXONIA Galvanik is on a good and committed path towards climate neutrality. Our energy team is directly linked to the management and covers all business areas: to make an effective contribution to environmental and climate protection here and now. It is our intention to meet the highest quality standards in all industrial areas – and at the same time to further advance our energy management, which we have been practicing for many years, with numerous implemented energy-saving measures at all company locations. For SAXONIA Glavanik, sustainability is not a trend, not an option, but a group-wide guideline that is continuously evaluated and optimized based on key figures. Thus, today we rely on, among other things:
- Creating complex basic structural conditions for generating our own energy
- Treating waste water and recycling it ourselves
- Planning for the conversion to CO2-neutral energy procurement
- Rinsing water treatment
- Metal recovery
- Return of plastics to the circulation process
- Recommendation and use of reusable packaging carriers, etc.
- High quality in all areas to reduce waste and thus valuable resources
The basis of our company’s success is the steadily growing team of competent and committed employees. The low fluctuation rate is proof of the high level of employee satisfaction and loyalty. The proportion of women in management positions at SAXONIA Galvanik is over 40%, and the recruitment of skilled workers ranges from in-house training to specialist supervision of diploma and master’s theses in cooperation with universities and colleges in the region. SAXONIA Galvanik promotes motivation and creates a climate for top performance:
- Qualification offers: Electroplating foremen, technicians, in-house language courses
- Occupational health management: company doctor, health bonus, “moving break”.
- Opportunities for company sports groups (volleyball, company runs)
- Individual well-being: Canteen, free drinks, outdoor break facilities
- Support for regional school and educational projects, kindergardens and kids sports clubs
- Regular blood donation campaigns at the Halsbrücke site